Squeeze is looking for CFX artists of all levels. This person will use his/her creative and technical abilities to create various simulated effects for characters and props, etc. for many of our 3D projects (TV series, video game cinematics, trailers).
- Create cloth, hair, and other character related simulations to match project leadership’s vision at both the asset and shot level;
- Collaborate with project and department leadership to establish creative and technical approaches for all project tasks;
- Present personal creative vision/results for tasks and collaborate with project and department leadership to achieve the creative vision for the project;
- Collaborate with team and department members to create visually stunning effects;
- Possibility of developing CreatureFX department and show tools under guidance of and in collaboration with department and team leadership.
- Experience with cloth & hair simulation;
- Artistic understanding of cloth, hair, and other character related effects;
- Understanding of 3D animation pipelines;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to resolve problems independently until the time comes to ask for help;
- Communicates in ways that lift and elevate others;
- Receives feedback on work in a respectful manner and willingly works to achieve the creative vision of project leaders;
- Open to opportunities to learn and grow.
- DEC/AEC or university education related to the position (3D animation, multimedia, etc.);
- Maya’s Nucleus system (nCloth/nHair);
- Character (geometry and hair) finalling;
- Demo reel that demonstrates artistic eye and/or technical skills;
- CFX asset (simulation rigs) development experience;
- Houdini Vellum and Python, a plus.