SENIOR 3D CHARACTER ARTIST
Type of employment: Permanent
The project :
The 3D Character Artist will join our creative team dedicated to producing high quality animations for our client demos as well as our upcoming original stories and properties.
The Senior Character Artist will be involved in the early stages of our projects and will play a key role in the birth and production launch of our projects with various artistic styles.
Your role :
The modeler must be able to produce photorealistic and/or cartoon models from scratch and be able to work with the end-to-end modeling pipeline:
- Create models that meet all the technical and aesthetic standards for the project;
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed;
- Listen to the suggestions of the lead modeler and the character supervisor;
- Work closely with the riggers to have functional models for the pipeline.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Diploma from a 3D animation program;
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio with the creation of diverse high resolution models;
- Experience in modeling photorealistic and/or cartoon characters;
- Work experience with 2D reference;
- Knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter, Mari, and ZBrush software;
- A good knowledge of UNREAL is a REAL ASSET;
- Experience in texture and lighting, an asset;
- Excellent sense of volume and proportions;
- Artistic and creative sense;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Communication and organizational skills.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.