3D Lighting Artist
Duration : First contract of three months to start as soon as possible with possibility of extension on another project
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor, the 3D supervisor and the Lighting Lead, the lighting artist has to implement lighting set-ups for 3D environments elements for a youth animation project, while respecting the technical and artistic rules established on the project:
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor and the Lighting lead;
- Be able to light shots in full CG;
- Understand and reproduce lighting intentions on different concepts;
- Organize one’s work according to priorities and deadlines;
- Ensures plans meet the rendering requirements;
- Follow artistic and technical directives;
- Work with upstream departments to ensure elements are being delivered correctly;
- Inform the Lighting Lead of the progress of his work and possible problems;
- Contribute to any other task which can be assigned to him (her) from time to time by the producer for the needs of the current projects;
- May have to develop the setup of a sequence that will be approved by the artistic direction;
- Maintaining collaboration and good team dynamics;
- Remote work from Canada
Your experience and qualifications :
- Graduate degree in 3D animation;
- Very good knowledge of general lighting and compositing;
- Concepts of colors ;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Very good knowledge of Maya;
- Notions of Nuke, Vray and Redshift (asset);
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages??: Python,C + + and MEL (asset);
- Able to work under pressure and ability to work in teams;
- Good communication skills, initiative and artistic sense.