- Partner with studio leadership to deliver the highest quality animation
- Be accountable for incorporating a high level of quality in each scene
- Work with animators and cross-department supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Liaising with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8+ years VFX production as well as leadership experience in Live-Action feature films
- Proven technical and leadership capabilities
- Experience in leading, mentoring and training large teams
- Exceptional organizational skills; understand how to prioritize tasks, assignments with team skills
- Expert with Nuke and Maya, and 3Ds Max, Photoshop, zbrush a plus
- Must have a strong sense of animation: acting, staging, posing, weight, timing, storytelling, and staying on model
- Strong understanding of the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Possess a strong understanding of the principles of animation, exceptional artistic skills
- Solid animation grounding, preferably action-oriented; previs experience a plus
- Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film cameras or on-set experience)
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to debug technical problems and follow up with the team to ensure animation is implemented
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.