Atomic Fiction is looking for a Animation TD to work closely with the animation departments for a variety of exciting projects. The person must have a thorough knowledge of animation,and tools currently used in the VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. Reporting to the Head of Animation Supervisor, the Animation TD support in realizing the vision of photo-realistic creatures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for animators, helping them with technical challenges and debugging;
- Work with technical and artistic supervisors to determine workflows, tool requirements and asset needs;
- Implement tools and workflow automation;
- Develop animation department tools such as: poseLibary, animationPicker, mocap management : load/unload mocap data, batch camera playblast tool; prop management for constraining/space switching.
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- Proficient Python / Pymel development skills and debugging techniques;
- Object oriented programming design skills;
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging;
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya;
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide;
- Experience in batch systems;
- Rigging knowledge ranges from simple props to complicated creatures;
- Good understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form;
- Good understanding of the animation and rigging pipeline.
- Able to share techniques with peers and communicate effectively;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Technical support focused;
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work within a team and with other departments.
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of Maya deformers (skinning, blendshapes, wrap deformers) and human anatomy;
- C++ programming experience;
- Linux knowledge;
- Bilingual English/French;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.