Animation Technical Director
The Animation Technical Director will join the team for the production of the Netflix animated series that awakens the Dead: Army of the Dead, Lost Vegas; directed by Zack Snyder (Justice League, 300, Dawn of the Dead) and Jay Olivia (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns).
Armed with an impressive cast, the animated series traces the story of Scott (Dave Bautista) and his team of mercenaries during the initial fall of Vegas as they face the mysterious source of a zombie outbreak. Action, hemoglobin and suspense are part of their daily life.
Ready for the zombie apocalypse?
Your role :
You will work in close collaboration with the Animation Supervisor, the Animation Leads as well as the CG Supervisor to provide technical solutions related to crowd effects, motion capture for the Animation department:
- Ability to recommend and implement crowd software solutions for 3D Animation department using Unreal Engine (UE4);
- Ability to fit motion capture rig to animation rig and to have a good motion capture understanding;
- Edit motion capture performance in Motion Builder or similar mocap editing software;
- Understand clip resource management – visual database, clip importing from pre-canned solutions, motion capture and animation;
- Create and maintain technical guides;
- Provide technical support to 3D animators.
Experience and qualifications :
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with crowd simulation software. Able to recommend and implement software crowd solutions for production;
- Good knowledge of Motion Builder;
- Understanding of how to edit motion capture performance in Motion Builder or similar mocap editing software;
- Experience in series, movies or video game production;
- Able to recommend animation library solutions;
- Focused on problem solving;
- Good communication skills on both technical and creative aspects.
- Confortable with Unreal Animation and simulation;
- Experience using Unreal Sequencer;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Knowledge of Houdini.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment! We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.