Animation Technical Director
Working for Method is to participate in creating entertainment experiences that the world has never seen or even imagined. Join an award-winning international content company that works with leading creators in film, TV/streaming, advertising, marketing and interactive experiences home to exceptional artists and technologists.
Method’s unique approach, which combines traditional filmmaking techniques with the most popular digital technologies, has helped build the company’s reputation by delivering smart, forward-thinking solutions and most importantly a job well done for two decades. Come be part of teams focused on creativity, innovation and with an eye for detail to create worlds, characters and experiences with us.
Method Montreal is currently looking for an Animation Technical Director to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of Animation, the Animation Technical Director’s primary responsibility is to help maintain the efficient flow of work into and out of the Animation Department, enabling artists to be creative and deliver stunning imagery.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with the animators, production teams and other departments to effectively solve problems and escalate any issues;
- Work with the Animation Supervisor and artists to determine workflows and gather pipeline and tools requirements;
- Develop Animation workflow tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by department and technical supervisors;
- In collaboration with the Software team, design, develop and maintain libraries for our core animation pipeline tools to meet the requirements of current visual effects projects;
- Help define efficient workflows and promote best practices for shows and the facility;
- Apply technical fixes to shots to pass down the pipeline;
- Test and validate tools and techniques in production;
- Create and communicate documentation about developed tools and train other users to use the developed tools.
This job is for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working on visual effects for film, commercials or feature animation;
- Demonstrated ability working with strict deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the iterative process;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a team and with other departments;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem-solving;
- Proficiency in Linux and Advanced Python Scripting experience;
- Advanced knowledge of Maya;
- Experience with Shotgun is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of C++ programming language is considered an asset;
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters.
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.