Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Montreal is currently looking for an Animator to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of Animation, the Animator will work within the team to provide high-quality animation for a variety of projects.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Animation Lead and Supervisor to produce high-quality animation, creating compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the project;
- Animate both primary and secondary characters and elements;
- Meet scheduling and show deadlines;
- Communicate regularly with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines;
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots;
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback, if required.
This job is for you if:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Linux & thorough knowledge of Maya;
- Good understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form;
- Demonstrated ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the iterative process;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a team and with other departments;
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.