Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Animator is responsible for generating high quality character/creature/object animation for feature films & episodic TV.
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisors and Animation Leads to create high quality animation
- Be accountable for incorporating a high level of quality in each scene
- Work with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Liaising with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree and/or Diploma in Animation or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) years VFX production experience with live-action “realism” (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required) Nuke, 3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling, as well as staying on model
- Strong understanding the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.