Manage the day-to-day operation of the production including crew scheduling and budgeting, ensuring that the production goals are met within budget and schedule parameters
• Assist Producer in the development of production budget and strategy.
• Maintain overall production schedule and manage departmental quotas.
• Make recommendations for improvements to production systems, particularly with-respect-to scheduling, flow of information, milestone realization, and resource management.
• Provide Producer with Production Update Report on a weekly basis.
• Provide a forum, guidance, and direction for crew members who communicate production / work related issues, promoting an open door policy between, staff, departments and Production Management personal.
• Maintain production crew lists.
• Approve artist time sheets.
• Daily interaction with the client on production related needs and deliveries.
• Manage production related purchase orders, invoices, and expenses and update the financial forecast weekly.
• Identify cost variances and monitor costs incurred from approved production budget; recommend corrective action as necessary
• Recommend promotions or performance counselling for production staff to Producer and assist with and provide input for annual performance reviews.
• Make production decisions in the absence of Producer.
• Oversee the activities of Production Coordinators.
• Perform other various duties as assigned by the Producer.
• Project Management – proven ability in managing projects from concept to completion. Able to prioritize appropriately and always meet deadlines.
• Excellent Teamwork – ability to assemble and motivate teams and work effectively with others.
• Superb Written & Verbal Communication – good at following directions; Ability to interact with and integrate requests of directors, executives and clients.
• Organization – demonstrated organizational skills including attention to detail.
• Strong Problem Solving Skills.
• Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7 years of Production Management experience
• Experience in traditional 2D and/or 3D animation production.
• Experience as an accomplished Production Manager, and/or Production Coordinator.
• A thorough knowledge of production and animation process.
• Proficient in MS office suites including Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of budgeting and scheduling software.
• Experience creating, maintaining and editing film / television / animation budgets
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/associate-producer-576
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.