Creating for Method:
At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
Method Montreal is looking for a Creature FX Artist to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Creature FX Department Supervisor, the Creature FX Artist will be working directly with our talented artists to create believable, feature-quality digital character effects, such as cloth, hair and fur simulations.
In this role, you will:
- Create high quality, realistic simulations that have proper weight, speed and desired performance;
- Collaborate with rigging and animation teams to establish Character FX rigs, settings and workflow;
- Meet schedules and show deadlines;
- Communicate regularly with the Production and the CFX Lead regarding scheduling and deadlines;
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots;
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required.
This job is for you if:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a feature film environment in a similar role;
- A good eye for speed, weight and dynamic properties of moving objects, as well as proficiency in collecting and applying reference when needed;
- Strong knowledge of Maya, nCloth, Qualoth or similar softwares;
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production deadlines;
- Ability to share techniques with peers and communicate effectively;
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and clients;
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Python programming skills or capacity to create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow (a very strong asset).
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.