Type: Full Time
Cloth/Hair lead is helping the supervisor team run shows, they will be responsible for working with the Show side supervisors and help main and schedule tasks and assignments, while also making sure the artists assigned to the show stay on track and delivers photo-realistic, high quality production hair/cloth simulation and other realistic 3D visual effects.
- Collaborates and communicatse with Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate cloth/hair pipeline and problem solve if any issues for feature film development.
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
- On-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisor regarding schedules, deadlines and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production.
- Trains of junior TD’s and Generalists in cloth/hair specific pipeline disciplines
- Supports and developspipeline tools and workflows for cloth/hair at both show and studio levels
- Collaborates with the departments to and from the CFX Department to optimize workflow and pipeline
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum four (4) years of CFX simulation experience in live action visual effects for feature films or similar production environment
- Previous leadership experience
- Maya, Python, and Mel Script experience (a plus)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
- Quick learner with strong trouble shooting/problem solving abilities
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.