CFX Pipeline TD
The CFX Pipeline TD is responsible for designing and developing workflows and tools to facilitate the project production process. In addition to having strong technical and software development skills, the Pipeline TD is able to understand and communicate effectively between technical and non-technical developers as well as artists.
- Create tools and interfaces for the CFX department based on Maya or Houdini;.
- Work closely with the CFX Supervisor;
- Collaborate with the departments responsible for character creation (modeling, rigging, and CFX);
- Design, support and improve tools and workflows for the production line with the development team;
- Provide technical advice and support to artists and heads of departments;
- Maintain technical and artist documentation on tools and workflows;
- Ensure that objectives, deadlines and expected results are achieved;
- Foster a respectful work environment and good team spirit.
- An excellent communicator;
- Able to solve technical problems;
- Positive and cooperative;
- Able to work with tight deadlines.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a CFX artist or CFX TD in the field of animation, visual effects or in an equivalent production environment;
- A degree in computer science, 3D animation or equivalent professional experience;
- A keen interest in current and emerging technologies;
- Experience in simulating hair, clothing and muscles on animated films or in an equivalent production environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Python2 and Python3;
- Experience developing tools in Maya;
- The ability to create robust user interfaces in PyQt/Pyside;
- Experience in developing tools in Houdini, an asset;
- Experience in C++, VEX, an asset;
- Experience with Marvelous designer, Houdini Vellum or other clothing simulation system, an asset;
- Experience with Xgen, Houdini Grooming, other grooming system, an asset;
- Experience with Shotgun, Shotgun Toolkit, Redshift, Houdini and Unreal Engine an asset;
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, an asset.