Type: Full Time
Reporting to the CFX leadership, the CFX TD designs, builds and maintains in-house artist tools, UI and dynamic rigs. As a dotted line partner with the studio pipeline team, the CFX TD supports artist and production teams across studio projects with a focus on the CFX department.
- Creates artist tools and UI for the CFX department
- Partners with the management team to identify and implement existing and new pipeline features, tools, UI, and rigs
- Troubleshoots artist tool issues and develops effective solutions in collaboration with pipeline team
- Supports the production team and attends production meetings as needed for information and requirements gathering
- Writes technical briefs and provides supporting documentation to studio teams
- Identifies early areas of improvement and escalates issues as needed
- Runs shots and supports various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of creature simulation experience in live action visual effects for feature films or similar production environment
- Hair, cloth, muscle simulation experience in VFX feature films or similar development environment
- Experience with muscle setup, simulation, and deformation is a plus.
- Maya, Python, Mel Script experience (required)
- Experience working with Maya API
- Soup Maya experience (a plus)
- C++, Max/Max Script (preferred)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
- Quick learner with strong troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.