BLVD is looking for a dynamic CG artist to join our team.
About us :
BLVD was born out of a desire to provide our clients with a versatile and bold approach by offering fully integrated digital services.
We are a creative multimedia studio dedicated to bring new content and immersive experiences to move people. In addition to having the most challenging projects and the most talented artists, BLVD is a great place to work for creative professionals.
Reporting to the Post-production Supervisor, the CG Artist creates 2D or 3D visual special effects in line with the client’s expectations and project specifications.
- Work in collaboration with the artistic director to capture the artistic vision of each project .
- Create visual effects for television productions, advertisements and immersive projects under the supervision of the VFX Supervisor, the CG Supervisor and as directed by clients.
- Understand the technical restrictions and limitations of softwares and hardwares and create compelling visual effects within those constraints.
- Collaborate on various projects with senior artists and the animation team.
- Communicate any difficulties of issues encountered to senior VFX artists.
- Ensure all created visual effects meet the required technical and visual quality standards.
- Follow Rodeo’s established procedures in terms of technical processes and archiving.
- Maintain image quality in terms of both creative and technical aspects.
- Participate in project meetings as required.
- Be on the lookout for new trends and other VFX softwares used in the field.
- Implement project quality control standards.
Skills and experience required:
- A training in Visual effects.
- Previous experience in VFX creation (modelling, texturing, shading, comp and FX).
- A generalist profile: a good understanding and proficiency in techniques for each of the following fields (tracking, modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, compositing, FX)
- Training in video games or in the art field is an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English.
You are someone with …
- Attention to detail and thoroughness, as well as the ability to deliver high-quality work, in line with needs and expectations.
- Great ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A strong sense of autonomy and resourcefulness.
- A great sense of creativity and an ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to share knowledge and information with colleagues.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with team members.
- The ability to resolve problems and conflicts in an effective and constructive way.
- A sense of aesthetics and have mastered the concept.
- Great Knowledge of creative tools and softwares: proficient in VFX programs (MAYA, NUKE, HOUDINI and Adobe)
- Great knowledge of animation concepts such (tracking, modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, compositing, FX).
- A great client focus, you’re an active listener with a comprehensive grasp of the client’s needs and expectations.
What we offer: Competitive benefits
- Complete group insurance: dental, medication and vision.
- We offer Dialogue: access to a virtual healthcare platform with a variety of healthcare specialists.
- EAP: access to an employee assistance program.
- Group RRSP: start saving from day one.
- Workspace set-up: Well-equipped workstation with quality hardware (Laptop; Mac; mouse) and appropriate softwares.
BVLD MTL offers a great opportunity to work in a stimulating and dynamic work environment.
We offer a range of competitive benefits and we encourage the development of our employees.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now, we can’t wait to get to know you!
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org!