Cinesite Montreal is seeking a CG Supervisor to direct and oversee the work of our VFX CG teams while providing technical and artistic leadership. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized and motivated, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- Work with VFX Supervisor, 2D Supervisor to plan the creative approach to the show in accordance with the CG to Compositing integration workflow.
- Ensure that production have enough information about the shows CG requirements to accurately schedule both the generics and shots.
- Guide the CG team throughout the CG creative and technical process to deliver a high standard of work on time and to budget.
- Plan CG work requirements, highlighting anything that has changed from the bid.
- In conjunction with the CG Technical Operations Manager, plan, document, roll out specific pipelines and technical procedures to the team and ensure that these are followed.
- Find creative solutions by drawing on team talent and manage shot allocation to the appropriate skill set.
- Set and maintain the required standard of work. Supervise, direct and guide the CG team to resolve CG problems and deliver to specifications.
- Lead CG dailies for the show and provide constructive feedback to the team to enable them to move forward with their work.
- Participate in the budget process for the show resourcing and scheduling. Responsible and accountable for delivering to guidelines set in this phase.
- In conjunction with the producer, ensure that the CG teams are working efficiently and productively and are on target to meet all milestones and deadlines.
- Manage render times by co-ordinating tests throughout the show, optimizing or getting help with optimisation of renders where necessary and flagging issues to assist others in planning.
- As a member of the CG Forum, responsible for bringing all technical and show related issues to the attention of the Forum for discussion.
- Play an active role in designing pipelines, problem solving, suggesting future development ideas and feeding back all relative information to the team.
- Assisting in the interview process as required.
- Training / coaching new and current staff to achieve maximum potential.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Thorough understanding of the visual effects process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the VFX Supervisor
- Strong technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to develop efficient workflows and identify additional tools required
- Proven ability to ensure artists’ work is of a high standard on both technical and creative levels
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills • Excellent Maya skills and a strong understanding of modelling, texturing, look development, lighting, particles, fluids and dynamics.
- Previous film industry experience, including experience with team management and task assignment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Arnold and VRay. Basic Mel and Python programming skills (advantageous).
- Extensive experience in CG – tracking, modelling, texture work, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and shading techniques, compositing methods etc.
- Ability to motivate yourself and your colleagues
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Arnold and VRay. Basic Mel and Python programming skills (an asset).
- Previous experience in training, mentoring, and recruiting CG artists (an asset).
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.