BLVD-MTL inc. is looking for a dynamic CG Supervisor to join our team.
About us :
BLVD-MTL inc. was born out of a desire to provide our clients with a versatile and bold approach by offering fully integrated digital services.
We are a creative multimedia studio dedicated to bring new content and immersive experiences to move people. In addition to having the most challenging projects and the most talented artists, BLVD-MTL is a great place to work for creative professionals.
Under the supervision of the senior executive producer, the role of the CG Supervisor is to ensure that the department is properly and efficiently managed. He is responsible for the follow-up of various projects, starting from the reception of the original brief from the VFX supervisor, to the decision regarding the approach of various tasks and assignments in hand, while ensuring a regular check-up with the artists.
He is also in charge of meeting deadlines by ensuring that the production team has all of the information needed to complete assignments and deliver high-quality work. He will also have to be involved on the artistic and creative level and be able to effectively define his own role and tasks.
- Manage the assigned FX team artists (daily management, timesheet review, vacation approvals, etc.)
- Participate in the planning of ongoing projects in collaboration with producers and the VFX supervisor. Work in conjunction with them to find the best approach and technique to apply and use on the assignment.
- Bring suggestions regarding the tools and improvement needed for future projects.
- Continuously seek skills improvement within the assigned team through performance management.
- Create and develop training courses, provide coaching if needed.
- Provide creative work methods to meet budget requirements and deadlines.
- Participate in the recruiting of FX artists, as well as the management of disciplinary measures or terminations among the employees in the designated team, in coordination with the HR department.
- Ensure that the assigned team has an appropriate balance of skills and experience.
- Actively monitor work climate within the assigned team.
- Ensure a positive work climate is maintained while adhering to company values.
- Remain informed of upcoming projects to discuss with production. Identify any potential delays and provide solutions to problems that may arise during projects.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of equipment and supplies required to complete daily tasks.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree in television production, post-production or college diploma in an appropriate field such as electronics or arts and media technology.
- A minimum of ten years experience in a visual effects studio.
- A minimum of two years of experience as an FX Supervisor.
You are a person with …
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate easily with various partners and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and project management skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in the management of material and human resources.
- Proven team leadership, strong motivational skills and eagerness to share knowledge.
- Great ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A strong sense of autonomy and resourcefulness.
- Open-mindedness to new ideas and innovations.
- Excellent teamwork skills and customer focus.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with team members.
- An ability to resolve problems and conflicts in an effective and constructive way.
- A sense of aesthetics and have mastered the concept.
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, After Effects, other relevant CG software.
- A very good knowledge of TV, film and web delivery formats.
What we offer: Competitive benefits
- Complete group insurance: dental, medication and vision.
- Cellphone expenses paid: reimbursement after 3 months.
- Continuous development Plan: The opportunity to build a career in the post-production field.
- Multidisciplinary team: The opportunity to work with talented artists, directors and producers.
- Work from home: Temporarily due to COVID-19.
- Workspace set-up: Well-equipped workstation with quality hardware (Laptop; Mac; mouse) and appropriate softwares.
BVLD MTL offers a great opportunity to work in a stimulating and dynamic work environment.
We offer a range of competitive benefits and we encourage the development of our employees.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can’t wait to get to know you!