Cinesite is recruiting a Character Designer to work closely with the Director, Head of Story, Art Director and other members of the production team to create characters that form a cinematic world that will resonate with the audience and push the story forward. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to create a unique world for a fast paced, stylized Animated Feature.
- Work with a team to create character designs that are in accordance with the stylistic requirements of the film
- Take direction from the Production Designer and receive feedback from the Director
- Work with the modelling department to ensure the designs translate into 3D
- Respect project deadlines
- Participate in departments meetings as required
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Bachelor degree (preferred).
- Minimum 3 years professional experience (required); previous Feature Animation or Animated Television experience (preferred).
- Completion of at least two projects as a Designer.
- Experience with both 2D and 3D art pipelines.
- Intense passion for creating a unique world that will set itself apart from other films currently in production.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.