As a character modeler, you create the protagonists of our animation, vfx or print projects. Sometimes you make them cartoonish, sometimes realistic. Minimalist or detailed. Often human, sometimes animal or alien… You make them striking, endearing or hateful, beautiful or ugly, but always unique.
- Create 3D characters based on a 2D illustrated reference in a variety of styles;
- Sculpt the body and clothing of characters;
- Optimize the topology of the sculpted characters;
- Cutting and optimizing UVs, in collaboration with texture artists;
- Work with riggers to optimize models for animation;
- Execute corrections requested by supervisors and/or the director using analytical skills;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for validations;
- Provide progress reports to supervisors and producers on an “as needed” basis.
WE’D LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- A degree in a 3D animation program;
- Studies or practice in art, drawing, sculpture (asset);
- Experience in character modeling (cartoon, asset);
- Experience in film, advertising, television (asset);
- Excellent artistic eye for design, harmony of form and proportion;
- Mastery of topology for 3D characters;
- Understanding of human and animal anatomy;
- Knowledge of Shotgrid (asset);
- Comfortable with the Linux / Unix environment (asset).
YOUR WORKING TOOLS:
- Modeling with Maya
- Sculpture with zBrush
- Clothing modeling with Marvelous Designer
ENVIRONMENT, VALUES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
You are part of a small group of modeling specialists. Depending on the project, you either take full responsibility for these tasks or share them with colleagues located around the globe. You collaborate with a group of 5 to 30 3D artists depending on the scale of the production.
We believe in a healthy work environment where commitment, mutual aid and direct communication between artists are valued. Whether you want to advance within your discipline or take on new challenges, you’ll find the right playground at SHED.
Work-life balance is a key concern for us as an employer, therefore we offer the flexibility of hybrid work and group health insurance.