Freelance: Character Texture and Shading Artist
Start as soon as possible until May 14, 2021.
Freelance or contract: remote work from Canada
Your role :
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the Texture and Shading artist is responsible for painting textures of human characters and creatures, as well as developing shaders according to the required visual style and the production quality needed:
- Collaborate with the Modeling Supervisor and the Art Director to establish the characters appearance;
- Create and apply textures to 3D characters using digital paint (skin, hair, clothing, dirt, blood etc.) to create the desired look;
- Modify the parameters of existing shaders or create stylized shaders and apply textures to different production elements;
- Enhance the final appearance of the characters according to the artistic direction;
- Perform the various corrections at the request of the supervisor;
- Meet the deadlines set by the production team;
- Maintain good collaboration with other departments and a positive teamwork approach.
Experience and qualifications :
- Diploma in fine arts or animation;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in texture painting (realistic);
- Strong painting skills (2D) in Substance painter – Essential (Experience as a 2D Artist, illustrator, matte painting or concept artist in video games or full CG animation);
- Ability to create stylized characters with a painted style;
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and Maya;
- Very good organizational and communication skills;
- Very good understanding of UV and the position of textures;
- Eye for color, composition and detail;
- Very good artistic and creative sense.
- Experience in creating Shaders in Unreal – A real asset;
- Knowledge of Shotgun.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.