Cloth Simulation Artist
Please apply online: Cloth Simulation Artist – L’Atelier Animation
Status : Full time / Fixed-term contract
Annual Salary : To be discussed
Planned start date : November 2019
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
The Cloth Artist works under the supervision of the Cloth Supervisor and is responsible for the creation of Cloth effects for 3D animated characters and for the effects animation simulation. S/He has to make sure that his/her work meets the artistic vision of the director and the technical guidance given by the studio.
– College diploma in 3D graphic arts / specialized in 3D animation;
– Minimum 2 years Cloth Artist experience in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects;
– Skills in animation, rigging and/or surfacing is a plus;
– Strong knowledge of MAYA;
– Experience with MEL or PYTHON is a plus;
– Master the Cloth tools of MAYA;
– Be comfortable with a LINUX / UNIX environment;
– Knowledge of an asset manager as SHOTGUN is a plus;