The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for managing and supervising the team of compositors, briefing them, and providing timely constructive feedback. In addition to working with the compositing team, they interface with production as well as other department heads, to plan and execute shot methodologies for their assigned project. Being able to ensure consistency, to help develop production methodologies, and to quickly and efficiently problem-solve is key for this position.
- Plans and coordinates compositing deliveries
- Manages a team of up to 25 compositors across global studios
- Monitors team`s progress and helps diagnose and solve problems
- Ensures deliveries are completed to the highest standard, both technically and creatively
- Provides input to Head of 2D and pipeline team on compositor performance, compositing pipeline, and workflows
- On-the-box compositing of complex shots (live action sourced and/or full CG)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience using Nuke and Shotgun (preferred)
- Previous experience as a compositing supervisor in national and international feature film
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing
- Basic knowledge of color science
- General understanding of the whole CG pipeline
- Proven technical and creative ability in feature-film production environment
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.