CREATURE FX TD
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor, the Creature FX TD is responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations and rigs for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Creation of fur, feathers and grooming for photo-realistic creatures
- Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CFX/FX role in a VFX studio
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini
- Experience in the following dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle
- Programming experience with Python, PySide, PyQt, VEX
- Programming experience with C++ for Maya and Houdini plug-ins, an asset
- Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset
- Experience in creating rig simulations
- Rigging skills and experience
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving