Type: Full Time
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previz purposes.
- Creates digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director and production.
- Collaborates and communicates with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
- Establishes on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback
- Attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences, and production
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live action feature film or TV
- Golaem, Maya and Python (required)
- 3ds Max experience (preferred)
- Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
- Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder is a plus
- Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages are a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.