The Crowd Lead is a key member of the animation department and is responsible for managing the Crowd simulation team for show productions. The Crowd Lead is a key part of the leadership team that drives the quality and style for the crowds of the show as directed by the Animation Supervisor and the Director.
• Acts as a positive leader and role model for the artists on the team and helps to set the tone for the morale of the department; grows the team creatively and technically through supervision and mentoring
• Oversees all crowd simulation and cycles under the Animation Supervisor
• Gives kick offs to all crowd artists and interacts with Animation Supervisor and Director
• Involved in creating new tools and collaborating with the studio Technical Director; Actively improves tool sets; works with Rigging, Layout and Lighting Teams in creative and technical problem solving capacity
• Helps with coordination of cycles and assembly of shots; Works with Production on schedules and delivery dates
• Contributes to quota as needed and available during production
• Responsible for spotting cycles based on animatics and early reels to anticipate potential crowd needs; Contributes to quota as needed and available during production
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Senior level in crowd simulation and agent design. Demo Reel demonstrates multiple crowd simulation scenarios.
• Solid knowledge of high end 3D software (Maya)
• Solid knowledge of at least one commercial crowd simulation software (Atoms, Massive, Golaem, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Solid eye for composition
• Collaboration with other departments outside of animation (ie. Rigging, Layout and Lighting )
• Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills; self-motivated
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
• Demonstrable ability to train and has natural leadership qualities, strong communication skills
• Technically savvy with coding abilities preferred
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/crowd-lead-562
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.