Digital Matte Painter
At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
Method Montreal is looking for a creative Digital Matte Painter to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of DMP, the Digital Matte Painter will create photorealistic set extensions.
In this role, you will:
- Create matte paintings for complex camera-mapping;
- Be responsible for all basic color integrations to the plate/environment;
- Perform tasks and corrections given by the Supervisor;
- Work closely within different departments in order to balance needs;
- Create concepts for shots;
- Deliver different elements (with the correct name) to the compositing department.
This job is for you if:
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience as a Digital Matte Painter;
- Knowledge of film formats and aspect ratios;
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Nuke and Houdini;
- Experience with 2D techniques including, color space, layer management and delivery to compositing;
- Strong knowledge in painting with 32bit;
- Good knowledge of Terragen;
- Knowledge of artistic principles as well as in photography;
- Familiar with Katana and SpeedTree;
- Proficiency in creating completely believable, feature-quality digital sets;
- A good artistic eye for composition and photography;
- Eager to provide or acquire photographic reference;
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production schedules;
- Ability to work in teams and with other departments;
- Able to react and respond quickly to the management and clients needs;
- Clear knowledge on how to properly name different elements before delivering them to the compositing department;
- Experience with 3D techniques (modeling, texturing, lighting etc.).
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.