At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
Method Montreal is looking for a VFX Editor to join our amazing team and will be reporting to the Head of Editorial.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain sequence cuts and update with latest VFX shots
- Update Production Team and Shotgun database with counts and lineups from the client
- Keeping track of all incoming/outgoing files of the show
- Prepare and quality control client deliveries
- Organize and ingest reference materials received from the client
- Run daily sessions and client reviews
- Assist with show setup and archive procedures
- Create and edit reference and demo reels
This job is for you if:
- 2+ years experience in Film or VFX Editorial environment
- Proficiency in Avid/Premiere
- Familiarity with Shotgun, Excel, RV and Cinesync
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of production and clients
- Strong ability to multitask
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Aspera, SFTP, Sohonet, etc and a good understanding of media formats, codecs, resolutions, etc.
- Basic understanding of Nuke an asset
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.