Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Studio Montreal is currently looking for an Environment Artist to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of Environments, the Environment Artist will work within the team to provide high-quality animation for a variety of projects.
In this role, you will:
- Create photorealistic set extensions and 3D digital environments and props;
- Be responsible for basic work in lighting, texture, creation, modeling and rendering of partial or complete shots of digital environments;
- Assist in other tasks such as basic shader work and lighting & rendering of environment assets.
This job is for you if:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the VFX industry, more specifically in feature films;
- Proficiency in creating completely believable, feature-quality digital environments;
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Maya and Nuke;
- Familiarity with Katana and Houdini is a plus;
- Experience with both 2D and 3D techniques including camera setup, modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing;
- A good eye for composition;
- Knowledge of film formats and aspect ratios;
- Eager to provide or acquire photographic reference;
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production schedules;
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.