Pixomondo Montreal is looking for an environment supervisor.
Founded in 2001 by CEO and Executive Producer Thilo Kuther, Pixomondo is a solutions-oriented design company that solves creative challenges for our clients and partners. Whether we are crafting never-before-seen visual effects for a feature film or developing innovative original concepts for a global marketing campaign, we leverage our collaborative design process to develop truly award-winning work. Our passion is to deliver the best ideas at the highest levels of quality on-time and on-budget, with the outstanding service you expect from a world-class company.
- Responsible for the management and work quality supervision of environment team,
- Promoting the overall development of the environment pipeline to build up the environment team.
- Working closely with VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor and Producer communicates to delegate the project needs to environment team as well as represents the voice of the environment crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment.
- Build and lead a team that is motivated and enthusiastic, where there are opportunities for each environment artist to learn and grow.
- Work previously as Lead or a supervisor
- Creative ability & artistic talent
- Experience doing concept design is a plus
- Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, Mari knowledge preferred
- Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2.5D/3D Projections in Nuke and Maya. This includes camera setup, modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing.
- Strong technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on color and composition
- UV mapping workflow experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, proactively solving technical issues as needed
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong communication skills, time Management and organizational skills and a team player
- Dependable under pressure with attention to detail
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create photorealistic digital paintings and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques including camera setup, modeling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospheric and light passes
- Provide confident leadership to our DMP/Environment department
- Provide or acquire photographic reference materials
- Perform tasks related to integrating imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
- Combine painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, practical and digital modeling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings
- Work closely with Supervision to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
- Work in coordination with CG Lighting, Comp and Asset departments
- Key role in driving the overall direction of the environment department as well as building up a world class environment team.
- Lead, motivate and mentor our environment team to ensure all elements are complete and on time from beginning to end of each project
- Responsible for the management of the environment team, the quality of the environment work and an overview and development of the environment pipeline across projects.
- Leads by example and maintains a hands-on environment role, but also takes on project specific duties including monitoring shot and overall project progress.
- Complete or assist with shots for each project
- Define techniques to complex visual effects shots and work with other departments and offices to completion.
- Assist in recruitment, reviewing reels and making recommendations
- Liaise directly with VFX Supervisor / Producer and delegate environment needs of the project(s) to the environment team as well as represents the voice of the environment crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Include your current resume and IMDB.
- Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.