First Assistant Editor
The First Assistant Editor is an individual contributor that carries out assigned aspects of animated feature film editing work in support of the senior editors on the team. Primarily responsible for editorial project organization and maintenance, receipt and ingest of editorial source materials, export and publishes to internal and external teams, and possibly training, tasking, and oversight of a 2nd assistant editor.
• Round trip storyboards between AVID and FLIX
• Clean up, prep, and export sequences for internal and external project contributors.
• Ensure materials received from shot departments conform to the latest edit and meet quality control standards established by the project leadership teams.
• Communicate edit changes to internal teams as needed to keep the production in line with the latest story changes.
• Edit and mix rough sound effects as needed.
• Delegate and oversee work assigned to a 2nd assistant editor, if needed.
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree or university or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience and on 2 wide-release animated films required.
• Experience with remote workflow preferred.
• Technical expertise or equivalent experience with Avid required for this project.
• Avid Media Composer project set up, organization, and maintenance required.
• Familiarity with Photoshop and FLIX required.
• Experience with After Effects and ProTools a plus.
• Solid knowledge of film terminology, film techniques, film editing styles, film mixing, and film in general.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to co-workers.
• Able to take direction and work well with others.
• Creative individual who can inspire and shares a passion for teamwork and a quality feature motion picture.
If this position does interest you, we invite you to apply directly on our website:
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.