About ON Animation Studios
Driven by world-class technical and creative talents with offices in Montreal, Paris, and Los Angeles, ON is the independent animation studio of the ON Kids & Family group, a leading European studio specializing in the production of television series and feature films. Based in Montreal since 2015, ON produced and created the pipeline for Mune: Guardian of the Moon and The Little Prince (the most successful French animated movie in the world) and Playmobil the movie. The studio is continuing to expand its compelling portfolio of engaging and unique blockbusters with Ladybug & Cat Noir Awakening (based on the international hit series Miraculous Ladybug).
The greatest stories come from the greatest talents. Join ON Animation Studios Montreal!
Your mission at ON
- Create beautiful, high-quality and varied FX by working closely with the feature film’s creative leadership team;
- Produce animations that meet the Director’s vision;
- Communicate regularly with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines;
- Prepare the FX that will be rendered on the Guerilla rendering software;
- Collaborate with the different departments of the studio;
- Work within the established pipeline;
- Maintain a collaborative and supportive attitude!
- Preferred 5 years experience creating effects, preferably in feature film or television series;
- Experience with Houdini (preferably 3-5 years);
- Maya knowledge (asset);
- Experience with complex liquids (sea/wave/foam/pyro) and RBD’s (asset);
- Knowledge of Python/C++ (asset).
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority. Thank you to all those who express interest in being a part of the ON Animation Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and store the applicant’s’ personal data.
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of evaluating your job application and making recruitment decisions. This may include members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 24 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process.
If you would like to withdraw, delete, change, or update your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org