Under general supervision of 3D Effects Supervisor this position executes simulations and special effects needed for a shot.
• Simulate natural phenomenon by applying direct and procedural animation techniques to create a variety of effects
• Create and composite 3D effects elements
• Create and communicate animation timing for effects
• Work with production team to create the desired look for the effect.
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 2 years production experience in film or television effects
• At least 2 projects with water simulation
• Thorough knowledge of 3D effects and simulation techniques
• Working knowledge of Maya and Houdini required
• UNIX/LINUX operating system experience required
• Experience programming Python is a plus
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/fx-artist-627
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.