Please apply online: FX Artist – L’Atelier Animation
Status: Fixed-term Contract/ Full-Time
Annual Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: November 2019
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor and the SFX Supervisor, the FX Artist is responsible for the conception, the creation and the realization of the digital visual effects and diverse simulations with different techniques and softwares.
– Minumum five (5) years in animation and/or special effects experience;
– Excellent knowledge of HOUDINI;
– Basic knowledge of NUKE;
– Experience un fire and destruction simulation is a plus;
– Knowledge in creating, managing, recording and maintaining HDAs/OTLs is a plus;
– Mastering Python and VEX is a plus;
– Knowledge of Guerilla is a plus;
– Knowledge of Maya is a plus;
– Knowledge and understanding of a production structure;
– Be comfortable with a LINUX / UNIX environment;
– Knowledge of the asset manager SHOTGUN is a plus;
– Be able to work in team;
– Experience in managing a team is a plus;