Job Type : Permanent
Your role :
Working closely with the Head of Operations, Project Production and Project Supervision, the FX Supervisor is responsible for the management and supervision of the FX department on the various animation projects (client and internal) in progress. The animation projects are established in a Unreal.
He/she coordinates and guides the activity of his/her department from a technical and artistic point of view and ensures the performance and quality of the FX produced:
- Actively participates in the definition of the department pipeline with the CG Supervisor and other department supervisors and ensures a smooth and efficient pipeline for FX destined for an Unreal environment;
- Defines and improves workflows and develops tools to enhance production in collaboration with the Unreal technical team;
- Leads, trains, coaches and supports the FX Artist teams throughout the production process:
- Organizes and balances the work of his team according to the calendar, production schedule and employee resources;
- Maintains high technical quality of FX and provides technical and creative feedback on artists’ performances;
- Establishes ongoing and effective communication with the Art Director, CG Supervisor, Lighting Supervisor and animation team to ensure that all FX meet the required artistic and technical requirements;
- Anticipates and solves technical problems in communication with other departments;
- Informs and documents new techniques and creates the necessary production documents for the team.
- Inspires and encourages collaboration and a constructive team dynamic.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Degree from a 3D animation program;
- Minimum 7 years experience in FX with 2 years experience in a FX Supervisor position;
- Experience in a Unreal pipeline or demonstrated interest in creating visual effects using the Unreal game engine;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with visual effects production pipelines and content creation software packages (Houdini, Maya, After Effects, Nuke, etc.);
- Strong creative and technical background in visual effects and attention to detail;
- Proven leadership and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and applications;
- Excellent priority management;
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own and other parties’ intellectual properties for various platforms.
We pioneered the first animated television series made entirely with the Unreal Engine, and continue to successfully apply this methodology to other animation projects.
We are a team of passionate artists, full-time geeks driven by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and fostering communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.