FX Technical Director
Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Montreal is looking for rockstar FX technical directors for a variety of exciting projects. If you fit the bill we would like to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Create high-quality particle, fluid or effects simulations per the needs of a given shot;
- Seek out and study pertinent references;
- Meet schedules and show deadlines;
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots;
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required.
This job is for you if:
- A minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of experience in a similar role in high-quality visual effects.
- A good eye for speed, timing, scale and weight.
- Proficiency in creating a high level of dynamics, particle effects and debris animation.
- Expertise or strong working knowledge of Houdini.
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production deadlines.
- Ability to share techniques with peers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Python programming skills or capacity to create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow (an asset).
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.