Hard Surface Artist
Job type: full-time freelance for 2.5 months or short contract with possibility of extension
Start date: End of March/April 2022
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the Hard Surface Artist is responsible for creating all kinds of vehicles (cars, trucks, airplanes etc.):
- Create complex hard surface models, textures and materials for vehicle accessories and environments from concepts;
- Cooperate with rigging artists and animators;
- Complete tasks within production deadlines;
- Make corrections, when necessary, according to the comments and requests of the supervisor and present solutions or questions to creative or technical problems;
- Be an actor of a good collaboration and maintenance of a good team dynamic.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Degree from a 3D animation program;
- 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Strong skills in Hard Surface modeling, texturing, UV unfolding, lookdev;
- Proficiency in 3D modeling in Maya Hard Surface;
- Experience in modeling for video games a plus;
- Knowledge of UNREAL, a plus;
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for animation and/or video games.