Junior 3D Props Artist
Twilight of the Gods is Zack Snyder (Army of the Dead, 300, Justice League) and Jay Oliva’s (Trese, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) latest brainchild packed with action and cutting-edge artistry. “It’s my take on Norse mythology,” said Snyder during (Netflix’s) Geeked Week live stream. “It’s just going to be unlike anything you’ve seen. In animation, we can do anything we want so fun and fun for all of us. The creatives involved have just been going nuts.
Your role :
Reporting to the Environment supervisor, the 3D/Props Environment Artist designs and produces visual material to effectively communicate the universe and environmental atmosphere in respect of the project’s artistic vision:
- Create a wide range of models of hard surfaces and organic accessories from concepts;
- Create graphic textures and materials in line with the artistic direction of the project;
- Make corrections, when necessary, according to comments and requests from the supervisor and present solutions or questions to creative or technical problems;
- Maintaining collaboration and good team dynamics;
Your experience and qualifications:
• Diploma from a 3D animation program;
• 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position;
• Solid 3D modeling technique, texturing, UV unfolding;
• Excellent knowledge of the modeling component of Autodesk Maya software;
• Knowledge of Substance Painter, Zbrush, Unreal, Photoshop, Speedtree, Shotgun;
• Effective team-working skills and ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
• Passion for youth animation or video games;
• Being passionate about decors / environments in general.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.