Junior Rigging Artist
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Your role :
The Rigging department at Digital Dimension is a high-energy open environment that focuses on finding efficient and flexible solutions for a diverse range of projects, while simultaneously challenging and supporting the talent on our team.
Reporting to the Rigging Team Leader, the responsibilities of the Rigging Artist will be as follows:
- Create, maintain and adjust complex rigs: characters, vehicles, accessories, environments and skin;
- Create an ergonomic and intuitive interface so that the characters can be optimally controlled, articulated and animated ;
- Collaborate with the animation and modeling teas to perfect the rigging work;
- Make the characters evolve and add new features based on feedback from production;
- Show ingenuity in solving problems and is proactive in proposing techniques and tools that improve quality and efficiency;
- Respect the deadlines set by the coordination team and the supervisor;
- Inspire and encourage collaboration and good team dynamics.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Diploma in 3D animation;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Maya;
- Detailed knowledge of deformation, principles and tools in rigging;
- Familiarity with the principles of animation and how they affect the rigging solutions proposed;
- Knowledge of mathematics, anatomy and physiology (an asset);
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder, Unreal and PyQT (an asset);
- Knowing an asset manager like Shotgun is preferred;
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and thoroughness;
- Excellent team player, proactive.