Junior Texture Artist
Twilight of the Gods is Zack Snyder (Army of the Dead, 300, Justice League) and Jay Oliva’s (Trese, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) latest brainchild packed with action and cutting-edge artistry. “It’s my take on Norse mythology,” said Snyder during (Netflix’s) Geeked Week live stream. “It’s just going to be unlike anything you’ve seen. In animation, we can do anything we want so fun and fun for all of us. The creatives involved have just been going nuts.
Your role :
Reporting to the department lead, the Texture Artist designs textures for 3D models in accordance with the project’s artistic guidelines:
- Create textures for environments and props;
- Collaborate with the department lead to capture the desired look and establish texture priorities;
- Support the team in researching and collecting texture references;
- Play a proactive role with the modeling team and Lighting artists by suggesting textures that fit their needs and constraints;
- Make corrections, when necessary, according to the supervisor’s comments and requests and present solutions or questions to creative or technical problems;
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices;
- Be an actor of a good collaboration and maintenance of a good team dynamic.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Degree from a 3D animation program;
- 1 to 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Proficiency in Zbrush, Photoshop;
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter is essential;
- Knowledge of Mari is a plus;
- Knowledge of matte-painting preparation, matte-painting projections is a plus;
- General knowledge of Unreal is a plus;
- Passion for animation and/or video games.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.