Under general supervision of the Layout Supervisor, the layout artist will create sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
• Create sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
• Establish character blocking, camera positioning and movement.
• Work with existing storyboards, recreate and/or enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
• Create rough pre-visualization models and environments to facilitate animatic work when required.
• Prepare shots for downstream shot production.
• Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets.
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 years’ production experience in film or television
• Strong skills in layout, cinematography and editorial fundamentals are required
• Good understanding of character posing and camera weight
• Basic understanding of modeling and lighting
• Passion for film
• Knowledge of Maya is preferable
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/layout-artist-634
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.