A Layout Lead works within the Layout Department and is typically assigned to one Show. They should ensure that the artists in their team use consistent methodologies to deliver the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way. They are expected to solve technical problems, design the approach to shots and set the creative and technical standards for their team. They must have good communication and collaboration with other departments leads and show teams.
- Interpreting the creative vision of the CG supervisor / VFX supervisor and providing a clear creative brief to each artist.
- Presenting and selling work to the show team
- Delivering the highest quality work to dailies according to the production schedule
- Ensuring feedback is precise and constructive in directing artists to reach milestones and show targets.
- Approving work that is ready to progress to the next department
- Providing technical and creative leadership, support and feedback for artists
- Delivering the output of the department to the required quality standards
- Maintaining department documentation
- Supporting communication and workflows with cross-site teams in other locations
- Providing clear and accurate feedback on artists to support their growth and development
- Developing tools, technology and work flows to delivery the highest quality work in an efficient manner.
- Design and development of the standardized processes within the department
- Cross department workflows and processes
- Planning and delivering training