Please apply online: Lead Animator – L’Atelier Animation
Status : Contractual / Full-Time
Annual Salary : To be discussed
Planned start date : asap until July 2020
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
Under the supervision of the Animation Director, the Lead Animator is responsible for helping guide a team of animators throughout the project. They are in charge of giving the necessary coaching to their team in order to reach the artistic objectives set by the Animation Director while maintaining the production schedule. The Lead Animator brings his expertise, both technically and artistically, to help successfully complete the project. They support the Animation Director and ensures that the homogeneity of the animation is respected.
– Participate in the animation on the team;
– Find the best approach and technique to perform the tasks at hand;
– Develop, manage and maintain timing and production quotas in accordance with the coordination team;
– Inform the team about changes and news related to the project;
– Train and lead the team throughout production;
– Give feedback to each artist regarding their performance;
– Support and facilitate the integration of new employees;
– Ensure that the guidelines set by the Animation Director are respected throughout production;
– Put in place documentation or support in accordance with the Animation Director to help the team’s productivity;
– Perform other related tasks as assigned by management;
– Must be a Permanent Resident of Canada or Canadian
– College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics / 3D animation specialization;
– Minimum 5 to 7 years of work experience in keyframe animation;
– Minimum 2 years of work experience as a Lead Animator;
– Excellent knowledge of Maya;
– Rigging experience is a plus;
– Comfortable working in a LINUX / UNIX environment;
– Knowledge of an asset manager such as SHOTGUN is a plus;
– Bilingual (English and French);
– Ability to manage a team;
– Ability to train and guide a team;
– Must be responsive to the team, the other supervisors and coordinators;
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.
L’Atelier Animation is an equal opportunity employer.