Lead Lighting and Compositing Artist – Virtual Production
The Lead Lighting and Compositing Artist is responsible for working with the CG Supervisor to achieve the lighting rig setups. The Lead Lighting and Compositing Artist will consult with the Director and CG Supervisor regarding implementing lighting and lighting design ideas technically through lighting rig setups. He will act as a manager and mentor to his assigned lighting team, helping to keep consistency, continuity, and quality to the specifications of the Director and Cinematographer.
· Work within and mentor assigned lighting team, completing lighting rig setups as directed by the CG Supervisor, passing the defined lighting rigs down to the lighters completing the final shot lighting using that rig using Unreal Engine and a variety of tools.
· While working with the CG Supervisor, Translate the lighting creative demands of the production and scenes delegated to him into defined lighting rigs that are workable, flexible, and creatively meet the vision of the Director and Cinematographer
· Observe ideas and department continuity / maintain consistency.
· Review and ensure that the lighting direction and use of defined lighting rigs are adhered to by other junior team members.
· Mentor junior lighting team members on their methods to achieve the production’s goals, creatively and technically.
· Work with the CG Supervisor, Cinematographer, and FX lead to enforce a compositing workflow that preserves and enhances the creative intent of the lighting when needed, from rendering to grading
· While working with the CG Supervisor, and FX Lead to ensure lighting rigs are serving the purposes of other departments and can be rendered within the scope of the film’s technical infrastructure.
· Assist the CG Supervisor to communicate with the Manager, Production Technology, on the development of larger software requisites that affect the look and lighting within the production.
· Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
· At least 3 years experience in Feature Film, Tv series, Commercial and/or Video Game production
· Knowledge of high-end 3D software such as Unreal Engine, Maya or Nuke
· Knowledge of high-quality lighting in Unreal Engine is a must. Experience in other high-end rendering software is a plus.
· Strong demonstration of composition, lighting, and colour
· Knowledge of Blueprinting in Unreal Engine, or node-based compositing software an asset
· Experience in UE Sequencer workflow and tools
· Knowledge of UE materials and shaders an asset
· Knowledge of cutting-edge real-time lighting techniques an asset
· Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
· Being a creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
· Demonstrable ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
· Enjoy working in teams
· Able to follow directions well
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/lead-lighting-and-compositing-artist-virtual-production-601
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.