The Modeling Lead is responsible for creating hard surface and organic models for use in the production of live action and fully CG images. The Lead Modeler is also responsible for the final preparation of meshes for rigging, as well as creating blend shapes for facial animation. The Lead will also be responsible for managing a team of artists in the Montreal studio and will assist the supervisor in carrying out the Director’s vision.
• Perform technical and artistic work of sculpting and modifying 3D meshes.
• Clear understanding of UV’s and texture layout and their effect upon mesh creation.
• Perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3D space.
• Complete assigned modeling tasks in a timely manner.
• Ensure all working files are efficiently organized.
• Consistently meet production deadlines.
• Follow Supervising Modeler’s directions, ensuring models created are accurate and effective.
• Lead a team of artists.
• Provide creative and technical feedback to other modeling artists.
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or recognized animation program, and/or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years minimum experience in Feature Film, Commercial and/or Video Game production with an emphasis on modeling.
• A good eye for proportions and detail in hard surface models, organic models and environments.
• Experience with traditional sculpture, drawing, and/or painting a plus.
• A creative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
• A history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution.
• Proficient with Maya and Zbrush.
• Mastery of poly and sub-D modeling in Modo, Maya, XSI, or other comparable high-end software.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
If this position interests you, we invite you to apply directly on our website: https://careers.reelfx.com/apply/713?language=en
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.