About Digital Dimension:
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Your role :
The Rigging department at Digital Dimension is a high-energy open environment that focuses on finding efficient and flexible solutions for a diverse range of projects, while simultaneously challenging and supporting the talent on our team.
Working closely with the Department Supervisor, the Lead Rigging, will ensure the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Rigging Supervisor and the Production Coordinator to establish production priorities and work methods;
- Work with the Rigging Supervisor and the Animation Supervisor to ensure that the rigging solutions meet production demands and deadlines;
- Keeps Rigging Supervisor up-to-date on the needs of the team, demands of production and any requests for changes to the Rigging pipeline/workflow;
- Review the work of rigging artists and give direction to enhance rig functionality and quality of deformation with an emphasis on delivering a high level of quality;
- Train and guide the team while maintaining a positive and encouraging work environment;
- Work with the existing in-house tools to create rigs for characters and props, and aid in developing improvements;
- Help troubleshoot animation issues by fixing/improving existing rigs;
- Use Python scripting to automate rig builds and to develop tools for the rigging department;
- Assume other duties that may be delegated by the Rigging Supervisor.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Diploma in 3D animation;
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Python;
- Excellent eye for high-quality deformation;
- Excellent knowledge of CG rigging tools and principles;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage stress;
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Familiarity with animation principles and how they affect proposed rigging solutions;
- Knowledge in mathematics, anatomy & physiology, a plus;
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder, the Unreal engine, and PyQT, an asset;
- Excellent team player, proactive and rigorous, showing great solidarity with his collaborators.