Lead Texture Artist
Method Studios Montreal is currently looking for a Lead Texture Artist. As a Lead Texture Artist at Method Studios, you will create textures for production assets as well as guiding your team in executing notes from the asset/VFX Supervisor. You will be pro-active in addressing issues and be positive and personable when motivating your team. The Lead Texture artist will be motivated and aim to anticipate and help troubleshoot technical and creative issues for your Supervisor and team.
In this role, you will:
- Work and communicate with the modeling and Lookdev teams to ensure assets are built to achieve the intended shot production requirements.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective.
- Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating textures true to the approved concept and direction.
- Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production.
- Interact with the production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humor.
- Ability to predict potential problems and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Be proactive and report technical problems and potential issues to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method’s technical standards and specifications.
This job is for you if:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- An expert level knowledge of Mari and procedural workflow;
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation;
- Knowledge of Maya;
- Technical understanding of color space;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Proven excellence as a team player;
- Great fit for management skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Mudbox, Zbrush, Nuke, and substance painter/designer knowledge (an asset).
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.