Lead Texture Artist
Lead Texture Artist
Home to exceptional artists and technologists, Method Studios, a Deluxe company, is an award-winning global content company working with top creators on movies, TV/streaming, advertising, marketing and interactive experiences. Its network of integrated facilities provides a full range of services including concepts, design, pre-vis, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics, compositing, and finishing; and through Method EXP, AR/VR/MR experiences and technology.
Method’s unique approach combining traditional filmmaking techniques with the most sophisticated digital technologies has helped build the company’s reputation for offering smart, cutting-edge solutions and above all, well-crafted work, for two decades.
Method Studios Montreal is currently looking for a Lead Texture Artist. As a Lead Texture Artist at Method Studios, you will create textures for production assets as well as guiding your team in executing notes from the asset/VFX Supervisor. You will be pro-active in addressing issues and be positive and personable when motivating your team. The Lead Texture artist will be motivated and aim to anticipate and help troubleshoot technical and creative issues for your Supervisor and team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work and communicate with the modeling and Lookdev teams to ensure assets are built to achieve the intended shot production requirements.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective.
- Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating textures true to the approved concept and direction.
- Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production.
- Interact with the production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humor.
- Ability to predict potential problems and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Be proactive and report technical problems and potential issues to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method’s technical standards and specifications.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- An expert level knowledge of Mari and procedural workflow;
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation;
- Knowledge of Maya;
- Technical understanding of color space;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Proven excellence as a team player;
- Great fit for management skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Mudbox, Zbrush, Nuke, and substance painter/designer knowledge (an asset).
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now, we can’t wait to get to know you!