Reporting to the Visual Effects Supervisor or Lighting Supervisor, as the Lighting TD, you’ll be responsible for creating the desired lighting on assigned shots while maintaining established lighting continuity. Your position requires a high degree of technical skill, artistic judgment and the ability to execute the direction given by supervisors.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that assigned shots fit in the continuity of a sequence and fulfill the vision of the VFX Supervisor
- Communicate with Supervisors, department Leads and other artists on the team in a timely manner to complete shot lighting
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Optimize shots for efficient rendering
- Provide lighting passes as required by Compositing
- Ensure the quality of final shots
- Submit bug reports for technical issues
- Complete other miscellaneous lighting department duties as required from time to time by the Head of Department for Lighting
This job is for you if:
- At least 4 years experience as a lighting artist, preferably in feature films or episodic
- An ability to be adaptable when changes in priorities and schedules arise
- Experience with at least one of the following packages: Maya/Vray, Houdini/Mantra, Katana/Renderman
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting language appreciated but not required
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.