Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
Method Montreal is currently looking for a Lighting TD to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Visual Effects Supervisor or Lighting Supervisor, as the Lighting TD, you’ll be responsible for creating the desired lighting on assigned shots while maintaining established lighting continuity. Your position requires a high degree of technical skill, artistic judgment and the ability to execute the direction given by supervisors.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that assigned shots fit in the continuity of a sequence and fulfill the vision of the VFX Supervisor
- Communicate with Supervisors, department Leads and other artists on the team in a timely manner to complete shot lighting
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Optimize shots for efficient rendering
- Provide lighting passes as required by Compositing
- Ensure the quality of final shots
- Submit bug reports for technical issues
- Complete other miscellaneous lighting department duties as required from time to time by the Head of Department for Lighting
This job is for you if:
- At least 4 years experience as a lighting artist, preferably in feature films or episodic
- An ability to be adaptable when changes in priorities and schedules arise
- Experience with at least one of the following packages: Maya/Vray, Houdini/Mantra, Katana/Renderman
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting language appreciated but not required
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.