Look Development Artist
Method Studios’ film and episodic teams are integrating with Framestore as part of an exciting plan to offer innovative, best-in-class visual effects animation from four continents.
Method’s Montreal, Melbourne and Vancouver studios are in the process of being integrated with Framestore, and we hope to have this work fully completed by March 2022.
For the time-being your contract and recruitment contact will depend on which studio you apply for, but wherever you are based we look forward to welcoming you to the Framestore family.
At Method Studio we are looking for several Look Development Artists to help us build amazing characters, props and environments. This is a back-end generalist position, which requires skills in texturing, look development and lighting for assets, full-CG environments and shots.
In this role, you will:
- Works with modelers and texture artists to establish the final look for a range of CG assets.
- Ensures proper optimization, sets up proper level of detail handling and guides his or her asset through lighting with feedback from supervisors and the lighting team.
- Provides rough, preliminary composites of renders for dailies and reviews.
- Work with and support the Lead Lighter and CG Supervisor to fulfill the creative vision of the show.
- Work closely with other artists under tight production schedules.
- Lends insight to CG Supervisors, TDs and render wranglers to help correct pipeline inefficiencies.
- Respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
This job is for you if:
- Expert knowledge of Katana, Maya and Nuke.
- Knowledge of texturing and painting packages (Mari, zBrush, Mudbox) an asset
- Strong technical understanding of shading in render packages such as Renderman, vRay, Arnold
- Production experience with Renderman shaders and lighting situations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to improvise and problem-solve.
- Experience in Linux an asset.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.